This is an excellent opportunity for a Software Engineer (x5) looking to:
- Work on innovative Financial Tech based products
- Work within a team where learnings are encouraged to be shared
- Leverage your Software Engineering skills and make a difference
Who we are
At FinClear, technology and progress are in our DNA. We are an independent, Australian owned and developed technology and financial services business, specializing in providing trading, execution, clearing and technology solutions to wholesale intermediaries, FinTech’s, wealth managers and financial planners.
Our Financial Markets infrastructure could be likened to other major global platforms that deal with massive amounts of data and huge volumes of transactions that are executed in real time to a vast audience. But unlike others, we own our own regulatory and technology infrastructure enabling us to partner closely and move quickly to build solutions that are fit for purpose to better assist our clients.
FinClear was established in 2005 with offices now in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. We’ve almost tripled in size since the mid of 2021 and have further plans to grow with more platforms and services in the pipeline to be released. We have accomplished a lot, but our sights are set on what we haven’t done, and that’s the competitive advantage we offer to our clients and where you come in.
About the role
At FinClear the Software Engineers’ key purpose is to build, enhance and maintain the suite of products that our customers love and rely on!
Work alongside 10 other Software Engineers who are part of a larger cross-functional team of 40 with more growth to come. Due to the launch of a new product and approved upcoming projects, we require up to 5 Software Engineers across Sydney and Perth to join us on our journey to make it happen!
The Tech stack:
- Java EE, JPA, Guice, Jetty, Shiro, JavaFX
- Microservice Architecture, Consul, Vault
- DAML Smart Contracts & Ledger Technology
- GRPC Messaging
- PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer
- Git, Maven, Jasper Reports, Jira, Confluence
- More to come!
Having worked with one or more of the above can be helpful in succeeding in the role.
What you’ll do
Software Engineers at FinClear achieve its purpose by working as a team that operates primarily across Software Applications/ Systems/ Products. You are likely to be involved in one or more of the following activities:
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Develop direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation
- Analyse information to determine, recommend and plan specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment for the installation of a new system or modification of an existing system modifications
- Partner with people to deliver projects – System Analysts, Project Managers, Engineers, Software Developers and potentially clients
- Enhance existing software, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Store, retrieve and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements
- Create technical specifications and test plans
- Work with Technical Authors to develop documentation.
- Help mentor Juniors
- To be tailored based on individual preference and business needs
What is the secret ingredient to our secret sauce?
That’s our people and the technology solutions we create, as the business grows, we are also evolving our benefits.
- A team that is invested in the success of FinClear and a generous ESOP for all our employees
- A flexible work environment – we have fantastic new offices where we come to collaborate and have those face-to-face meetings with some days at home
- An inclusive and diverse working environment for all
- Prioritise mental health with all our staff having free access to our EAP programme including 1:1 session with qualified coaches and psychologists
If this sounds like it could be your next move for 2022, submit your application to find out more. For any questions about this role and to find out about further opportunities at FinClear please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you must have the right to legally work in Australia to be considered for the immediate opportunities at FinClear, sponsorship options are not currently available.